Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<8182838485>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
labjr  
#821 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 8:01:50 PM(UTC)
labjr

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: bigred62806 Go to Quoted Post
rs267lash samsung keeps freezing up on ref side freezer ok.
heater tests 85 ohms on the meter
the
Thermistor (Thermistor frig) tested 5k room temp 13k in ice water

Thermistor (Frig/evaporator) tested 0 and on contunity setting on the multi meter it tested open

are all of theas readings right? or is the thermistor on the evaporator coil bad?
and if all 3 are good it means the board is bad right?:eek:

UserPostedImagethis is the one i am wondering if its bad Part Number: AP4136048

Are Samsung thermistors all the same like the GE? If so , seems like the one on the evaporator is bad.

I don't think thermistors take the extreme cold on the evaporator. They always seem to fail. I like the old system better when all you had to do is change a defrost timer or thermostat.
bigred62806  
#822 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 5:14:23 PM(UTC)
bigred62806

I don't belive that thay are the same Seems like i read somewhere that the one in question was supose to read 0 or next to 0 ohms. But i cant find the post as of now wish i would have printed it out it will be nice to have this frig back after over a year of it not working right
Originally Posted by: labjr Go to Quoted Post
Are Samsung thermistors all the same like the GE? If so , seems like the one on the evaporator is bad.

I don't think thermistors take the extreme cold on the evaporator. They always seem to fail. I like the old system better when all you had to do is change a defrost timer or thermostat.
samzee71  
#823 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2010 11:49:29 PM(UTC)
samzee71

My GE fridge stopped cooling in the Food area first and then in Freezer section after few days.

Model - TFX26KPDAWW

I followed the instructions in the first post to check the Defrost Timer. I didn't hear any noise when I opened the freezer door. This indicates that there could be some problem with either Defrost Heater or Defrost Thermostat. I need to do the continuity check.

I am not sure if I tested the Defrost Timer correctly or not. This is what I did:
1. Using the flat screw driver, I turned the timer shaft clockwise. I think I missed the click and kept turning.
2. Then I started turning again carefully. I hear the click and the fan in freezer (I guess the evaporator fan) stopped.
3. Waited for 15 minutes
4. Opened the freezer door.
5. Didn't hear any sizzling noise.

Please advice if I tested the timer correctly or not.
Gene  
#824 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2010 3:52:27 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: samzee71 Go to Quoted Post
My GE fridge stopped cooling in the Food area first and then in Freezer section after few days.

Model - TFX26KPDAWW

I followed the instructions in the first post to check the Defrost Timer. I didn't hear any noise when I opened the freezer door. This indicates that there could be some problem with either Defrost Heater or Defrost Thermostat. I need to do the continuity check.

I am not sure if I tested the Defrost Timer correctly or not. This is what I did:
1. Using the flat screw driver, I turned the timer shaft clockwise. I think I missed the click and kept turning.
2. Then I started turning again carefully. I hear the click and the fan in freezer (I guess the evaporator fan) stopped.
3. Waited for 15 minutes
4. Opened the freezer door.
5. Didn't hear any sizzling noise.

Please advice if I tested the timer correctly or not.

The first and major question: did you see frost build up on the rear panel in the freezer?

If not, then it's not a defrost problem.

Gene.
VicMac  
#825 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2010 10:00:17 AM(UTC)
VicMac

Trying to read all 80+ pages on this post...now dizzy and still scratching my head. Got a side by side GE model GSS25JFMC WW. Freezer cold, fridge warm. Freezer fan runs constantly. Fan used to shut off when you opened the door...now still runs. The damper between the freezer and fridge is staying closed. I put a clothes pin in it to save the food in the fridge and am unplugging it every so often to keep the motor from burning out. Tried to find a diagram for figuring this out but can't find one. I am assuming this has more to do with the thermastat but need a little guidance. any help/point in the right direction is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

going back to read some more....
samzee71  
#826 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2010 6:42:22 PM(UTC)
samzee71

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
The first and major question: did you see frost build up on the rear panel in the freezer?

If not, then it's not a defrost problem.

Gene.

The freezer rear panel was full of frost inside and outside the cover. I replaced the heater. Everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks for the detailed description of problem and solution in post#1.
Do0d  
#827 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2010 11:17:04 PM(UTC)
Do0d

Hello again Gene,

I had a fella come out to take a look at my GE GSL22JFPH BS. He said that it was out of freon, and that I have a leak somewhere. He did a little looking for the leak, but not much in my opinion. He did mention something about bypassing a "fiddler loop" that is in the wall between the freezer and fridge. He said that the leak could be in this area, but that he was not authorized to do such a repair, although he had in the past, with success.

I'm pretty handy, and this isn't the frist fridge I've had apart. Is this worth a shot in your opinion? Or should I check somewhere more obvious before I start taking this monster apart? He did recharge the freon, and the fridge has worked since the time of my last post. I could tell it was starting to warm up the last few days tho, so I figure I better do something about this before it gets warm outside. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA
rewy  
#828 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2010 6:04:49 AM(UTC)
rewy

Good morning.

I am working to solve this problem with a Whirlpool Model ER2CHMXPQ05 refrigerator. I first noticed frost on the contents of the freezer and the refrigerator section staying warmer. I then noticed the ice build up in the bottom tray in the rear of the freezer, so I removed the ice maker and rear panel. There was very little frost on the coils, but I went ahead and melted the ice/frost with a hair dryer. Not knowing any better I assumed this solved the problem, but it didn’t. It appears the compressor is working, but not the fan in the freezer.

Did I fry the fan motor somehow? I was concerned I didn’t clip the ground wire appropriately on the ice maker’s wiring harness (I didn’t see where it was originally located so I clipped it to a tab on the rear panel where the harness comes through), but I am not sure if that’s relevant.

Should I plan to replace the fan motor?

Any help is appreciated in advance.

Russ
rewy  
#829 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2010 6:06:00 AM(UTC)
rewy

FYI - I decided to replace the evaporator fan motor last night and the refrigerator seems to be cooling again. Still watching the defrost timer to see if it needs replacement as well.
Hasty  
#830 Posted : Saturday, May 8, 2010 11:12:19 AM(UTC)
Hasty

Hi Gene,
I have a Kenmore with model # 596.69872990. I have the same problem and noticed a big amount of frost in the back panel of freezer. I used a hair dryer to defrost it last month but in less than a month,it happened again. I came across your site and read post # 1. I know I have to start with Timer , then to check the thermostat and heater, however I don't know where to find these elements in my fridge. I teried searching the model # in this site, however it seems there is no exact match. Can you please guide me where I should find the timer, thermostat and heater?
Much appreciate that.
Hasty