Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<7576777879>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jeffrey_benjamin  
#761 Posted : Monday, March 22, 2010 8:48:26 PM(UTC)
jeffrey_benjamin

Groups: Registered

hi please dont touch that heater:( put the timer as close as possibly to a point just before it clicks to go into defrost & observe if it goes into defrost on its own. then ck. if the heater comes on. Note freezer must be cold enough to clost defreot thermostat. You will be able to see the heater get " RED HOT " U can also time the defrost cycle . Also note what happens to the condenser & evaporator fans :)
rixemailfl  
#762 Posted : Monday, March 22, 2010 9:01:47 PM(UTC)
rixemailfl

Originally Posted by: jeffrey_benjamin Go to Quoted Post
hi please dont touch that heater:( put the timer as close as possibly to a point just before it clicks to go into defrost & observe if it goes into defrost on its own. then ck. if the heater comes on. Note freezer must be cold enough to clost defreot thermostat. You will be able to see the heater get " RED HOT " U can also time the defrost cycle . Also note what happens to the condenser & evaporator fans :)

Thanks!!! Glad I didn't put my hand on that thing... :eek:
sktomw  
#763 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2010 5:37:03 AM(UTC)
sktomw

Originally Posted by: sktomw Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Gene - I'll go ahead and do that next.
You were correct Gene. It was the control board. I replace it a few weeks ago and everything seems good now. I found some heatshrink butt splices at Lowes that made it easy to reinstall the thermostat and seal the splice.
EVERAM  
#764 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2010 11:16:16 AM(UTC)
EVERAM

hi! BEEN READING BUT CAN'T FIND AN ANSWER TO MY PROBLEM,,, HAVE A GE #GTS18WCMDRWW, FAN NOT WORKING, OPENED THE FREEZE BACK PANEL THERE WAS A LIGHT SNOW, THEN FOUND THE THERMOST BROKEN SO I REPLACED BUT STILL EVAPORATOR FAN NOT WORKING. CHECK THE FAN AND I GET 0.00 BUT DON'T KNOW WHAT IT MEAN. TEMP IN FREEZER 9F TEMP IN REFRIGERATOR 60F, REFRIGERATOR WITH THE NEW THERMOSTAC ON FOR ABOUT 5 HOURS AND HAS A LIGHT SNOW ALL OVER THE COILS. THANKS
Gene  
#765 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2010 1:55:01 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Sounds like the evaporator fan motor has gone bad.

- The fan motor Part number: AP3855311
Slashz28  
#766 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2010 11:06:50 AM(UTC)
Slashz28

Hello everyone,

My parents Amana model arb2217csr (mfgno parb2217cs1) fridge is doing the same thing (I live in Toronto, parents in Montreal, so I can't troubleshoot much past what we've done over the phone already). Fridge is a bottom freezer model, about 7 years old. Never any issues, until about 4 weeks ago, where the fridge section stopped cooling (freezer worked fine, no frost on the freezer walls either). I did some google searching, and told them to empty it out, unplug it, and plug it back in next day (they also cleaned/vacuumed underneath, etc). The fridge worked fine up until yesterday again, where the same issue cropped up (so for 4 weeks it was ok). I've narrowed it down to one of the following 3 self defrost components, 1) the defrost timer 2) defrost thermostat 3) the defrost heater. I will be going over this weekend, and will either try troubleshooting it or replacing the defective part(s). Going by this description, would anyone know which of these components would cause these symptoms? (ie taking 4 weeks to quit working again, no frost on inside of freezer).

Appreciate the help!

Thanks !

Tom
Gene  
#767 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2010 11:29:15 AM(UTC)
Gene

Tom,

Is there any frost on the freezer back panel?

Does the fan in the freezer work?

Gene.
Slashz28  
#768 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2010 12:32:15 PM(UTC)
Slashz28

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Tom,

Is there any frost on the freezer back panel?

Does the fan in the freezer work?

Gene.

Hi Gene. Thanks for the quick reply. I just called my parents to check. They said the fan in the freezer is working, and they said there is frost on the freezer back panel in the top area.

Thanks!

Tom
hd4ou  
#769 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2010 11:21:31 AM(UTC)
hd4ou

frigidaire side by side
model#FRS6LF7JSO
serial#4A83210910

ok on my last refridge issue it was the defrost control board. picked up a 6 month old return from lowes yesterday with the exact same problem as mine had. freezer fine fridge is warm. this one turns out to be the little door between the freezer and fridge side will not open to allow air to blow into the fridge side. i notice a little servo motor to operate it and on the actual control knob is what looks like a reastat type deal. can you tell me how to test these to determine which one i need? on my last repair you supplied a wiring diagram or trouble shooting guide for my issue. i was hoping to get the same thing for this one. thanks Jody
Gene  
#770 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2010 2:11:51 PM(UTC)
Gene

Tom,

Most likely there is a problem with the defrost system and you have to perform the diagnosis as described on the first page of this thread.

- The defrost thermostat Part number: AP4009073
Part number: AP4009073

- The defrost heater Part number: AP4076588
Part number: AP4076588

- The defrost timer Part number: AP4077325
Part number: AP4077325

Gene.