Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bigtandt  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2010 9:15:05 AM(UTC)
bigtandt

Groups: Registered

Just wondering when I put the transmission back in the macine the clutch driver which is a piece of white nylon that fits over a cam, if has to be postion to the left or right? In a repair manual I was reading it said to be sure that the driver does not hit the clutch spring. It can only move about a 1/4" to the left or right anyway so I just left it in the center. But now there is a gap between the trans. and drive motor? Just wondering which way I postion this part? P/N for the driver, brake/cam is 64194. does it really matter? It seems to me that it was on the right because of wear to the old part.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2010 6:44:08 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

As long as it does not sit on the spring things should go back together.

Sometimes I have to turn the clutch while pushing the transmission into the machine to get it to seat properly.
bigtandt  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2010 7:18:00 AM(UTC)
bigtandt

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
As long as it does not sit on the spring things should go back together.

Sometimes I have to turn the clutch while pushing the transmission into the machine to get it to seat properly.

Thank You for Your help! I was able to turn the clutch housing far enough turn get the parts to go together. Just wanted to make sure that the clutch/brake driver (white nylon piece) was on th correct side of the clutch spring. Thanks Again for Youe help. T. Jamison:)