Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tricks  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2009 10:21:54 AM(UTC)
tricks

Groups: Registered

I have a Frigidaire FLEB43RGS0 and have had this same problem a number of times and had it fixed while under warranty, of course it's doing it again now that its out of warranty. There is a loud squeaking noise that will sometimes stop after awhile, or get lower as it runs, but sometimes it just keeps doing it. How do I get to the bearing? it looks like from the inside of the dryer, it's a stacked unit. Also, could it just need some lube, these bearings were replaced a couple of years ago, maybe they burnt out this fast because my son keeps overloading it? How do I know it's the rear bearings, which seem to be the main cause of squeaking when I did a search, but could it also be the idler pulley? is there a way to tell which one it may be? thanks for all the help
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2009 5:30:28 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

If the sound is coming from the rear it is likely the bearing, and if you have teenage sons they are likely the problem. (In fact, having raised three I can say they are likely the problem in most things) The rear bearings on these Frigidaire machines fail regularly, although yours does seem to be more than normal, but you may have a lot of use.

I would change out the rear bearing (buy the kit) and the belt and the idler pulley, and make sure you thoroughly clean it out when you do it.

It is not too difficult, just takes some time, and here is a service manual which will show you how.

http://frigidaireservicetips.com/pdfs/488_3.pdf
tricks  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2009 8:01:59 AM(UTC)
tricks

Thanks for the reply! you know I think the rear bearing went out once and another time it was the belt. The problem may have gotten worse, I hope not. I warned my girlfriend about using the dryer with it making so much noise, but told her to go ahead and dry a small load..mistake! next thing I know is I hear her yelling FIRE!!! when I looked in the dryer, there was something burning behind the back of the drum, behind all the little holes. It looked like it was only lint though, it was small enough that I could blow it out, and there was no electric smell to it at all. I know when I turn the drum by hand it makes a bad grinding or squeaking sound from the back. I bought a rear bearing kit and the flet that goes around the front rim of the drum, I'm disabled and haven't been able to repair it yet though, but I need to fast because we are all wearing dirty clothes! I just hope that this is the problem, and I haven't caused more. Any thoughts? and thanks again
tricks  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2009 8:56:16 AM(UTC)
tricks

I have another question, maybe I missed it but I didn't see anything in the service manual on how to replace the rear bearing, I thought all I had to do was remove the rear shield inside the dryer, to get to the rear bearing, I thought I saw directions somewhere on how to do this..thanks again for all the help, and Merry Christmas!
sidfink43  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2009 3:28:38 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

You need to get to this by removing the drum, see pages 103 - 104 in the manual.

You also need to clean it out very thoroughly. Hopefully your lint fire did not do any damage, so check it out completely. Make sure your lint filter is working ok and that you clean it out after every use.
tricks  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 26, 2009 10:09:39 AM(UTC)
tricks

Thanks so much! Happy New Year
tricks  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2009 9:37:31 AM(UTC)
tricks

I still couldn't tell how to get the drum out, I guess I have to take the top off? or the front panel, it's electric and stacked? I don't think I can lift that drum with my back the way it is, so I may have to call a repair person, but just in case I noticed something behind the drum drop when I took out the screws, it is round and has a few springs, which two are broke..any ideas...thanks again
sidfink43  
#8 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2009 10:14:46 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Yes, the drum cannot come out without taking off the front panel. It lifts up and out.

I am not sure what you found, but it may be broken parts of the heating element. I think a service tech is a good idea, he or she should be able to fix you up and the parts are not unreasonably expensive. The stacked machines are pretty expensive, so if you can get this repaired by a quality service tech company that will warranty their work it is a good investment.
tricks  
#9 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2009 10:58:52 AM(UTC)
tricks

It is part of the heating element, I called a tech and they want 200 and I buy the parts. I took out the three screws that held the shield to the rear of the drum and something seemed to slide down behind the drum and I can see the heating elements on it and one is broke. I don't understand the price difference for the part on appliancepartspros.com they show a heater assy for 48.00 but when I called Tribles they say 150!!!! I can't help but think we are talking about two different parts, I guess I can call Frigidaire and try and figure it out. I hate to pay 200 bucks when I can do this myself, but I don't want to mess something up, but if I pay 150 for this part, after the other parts I'm 450 into thi dryer..that I want to replace but can't afford to! LOL
sidfink43  
#10 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2009 11:48:18 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Unless you can get comfortable using the service manual to take it apart and replace the parts then as much as it pains me to say so I think you will need to have a repair tech do the work for you.

I am not surprised they charge that much for the heating assembly, they make a lot of money marking up parts and APP in particularly has great parts prices.