Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
akeen  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2009 6:21:37 AM(UTC)
akeen

Groups: Registered

Hi there,

I am looking for some guidance on a) Identifying what's the problem b) what would be my options on fixing it myself.

Here are the details of the Microwave that we have:
Panasonic Inverter - NN-P994SFR
Manufactured: 2006 / 05

A few days ago, the microwave started to work normally for 5 seconds and then stopped. Did the same things after attempting to open & close the door and restarting, then it just did not started.
Observations:
1) Lights were on, it was plugged, power was there, the humming sound that the it's micro-waving the food was no longer audible.
2) After setting the start time, and pushing the start button, it just wouldn't start and immediately die.
3) However, after just shutting the door and adjusting the door it would re-start for some time and then again die off.

A day later, another attempt by just inserting and pushing the latches a few times with a plastic fork where the door meets the latches made the microwave new again...and walla! the microwave was back in working condition.

But it has died again. pls refer to point number 1 above.

I am suspecting that this problem has something to do with door latches, though the door open/close fine.

By the way, the screws at the back of the microwave are of uncommon type i.e. star shape with a small pin in the middle, and unfortunately I don't have a screw driver to open the case. Guidance here is appreciate on who will carry this type of screw driver, incase I need to open the case to fix something. I am fairly technical person though not from microwave fixing stand point : )

Thanks in advace!
akeen attached the following image(s):
Panasonic-NN-P994SFR.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.