Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mikerampino@yahoo.com  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2009 6:07:46 PM(UTC)
mikerampino@yahoo.com

Groups: Registered

Hi All!
Hoping for some advise here. I just searched 9 pages using "code" as a filter. I only found 1 other code related issue and mine is not the same.

My washer is giving me an F30 code. It will start its normal, lock, load sense, then go into the dispense mode. In this mode the dispenser motor (actuator W10143587) will continuously spin and click until the F30 code appears (appx. 1 minute) I pulled the dispenser actuator apart and checked the button switch on the circuit board and it is working fine.

Every time I plug and unplug the machine it gives me an F01 code which leads me to believe that the whole issue is ccu related. When I run the diagnostic test the same thing happens as when I start the machine. I was going to purchase a new ccu (W10160261) but I wanted to check in with a few experts here first :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2009 5:07:11 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Here's a little secret. The experts (or at least this one, if I may be so bold as to include myself in that grouo) cannot diagnose for certain the board failure, and neither can anyone else. If a service tech comes to your house the procedure is to replace the board, and if that fixes it, then the diagnosis is a failed board. If it does not fix it, then keep replacing items until it is fixed.

The point: Since your door is locking, it is likely the board but the only way you will know for certain is to replace it.

Sorry not to be more definite, welcome to the world of microprocessor controls.

Good luck.
mikerampino@yahoo.com  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 6:46:30 AM(UTC)
mikerampino@yahoo.com

Thakns for the reply! I figured that was what I was going to do but just wanted some affirmation before I started. After the board, everything else is relatively inexpensive. Even the board is only $75. I'll give it a whirl and keep everyone posted.
Thanks again.
mikerampino@yahoo.com  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2009 2:54:25 AM(UTC)
mikerampino@yahoo.com

The board was backordered so it just came in the other day. I wired it all up and it worked without flaw :D

I am thinking that it probably died one of the many times we lost our power. Do you guys think that a surge protector or a GFCI outlet would help to keep this from happening again?
sidfink43  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2009 3:50:57 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Great, glad that worked and you got it fixed.

I don't recommend the GFI but a surge protector is always a good idea if you can find an effective one at a reasonable price. The inexpensive ones really don't do much of a job.

Thanks for updating us, and good luck with your machine in the future.