Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<5455565758>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
calvet  
#551 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2009 2:13:26 PM(UTC)
calvet

Groups: Registered

I have the same problem only I've already opened up the inside back freezer panel and defrosted the cooling coils, etc.
It's been unplugged for about 2 hours, can I still do the defrost timer diagnostic if the frig has already been off and defrosted?
Calvet
vinh_golf  
#552 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 5:45:42 PM(UTC)
vinh_golf

Hi,
I have side by side Samsung fridge bought 3 years ago, model number RS253BASB. The freezer is fine, but the fridge side is warm. At the beginning, I control the temp. of the freezer side, but not the freezer side. I unplugged the power and plugged it back. Now the temperature panel is flashing for both 2 sides, indicating temperature of 88 and I can not set the temp. either. Moreover, one morning about 1 week ago, I heard a somewhat loud noise from the fan, probably for about 30 minutes. This problem -the freezer side is cold, but the fridge side is warm - has been going on for about 1 month. What is the problem? Is this the defrost heater trouble or the control panel problem?
please help.
Thanks.
Gene  
#553 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 7:40:10 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: charleswilt Go to Quoted Post
Check it how?

Just check to see if the diffuser is open?

...ok just did that, it is open (stuck a letter opening into it) and I feel air flow. It doesn't feel like a lot of air..but I wouldn't know one way or the other.

Is it possible that the vent from the fridge to the freezer is restricted somehow (by ice maybe)? I've checked to make sure there's no food around it. Unfortueatly, unlike the diffuser the vent isn't straight through.

Thanks Gene,
Charles

Hi Charles,

Sorry for the delay. Have you checked the louver (#4 on the diagram)? It must be completely open to provide air return.

Gene.
Gene  
#554 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 7:44:37 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: timmyg Go to Quoted Post
I have a Kenmore side by side Model 50252001 serial number SK3125437
freezer temp is 11 near ice maker and 27 at bottom Refrig is 51 and I have taken out most of food. The fan is running at the top

Sorry for the delay. Have you checked the frost on the rear panel in the freezer, the fan next to the compressor and the condenser?

Gene.
Gene  
#555 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 7:51:08 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: morenojx Go to Quoted Post
Gene,
I have a Frigidaire Model FRT18FR7EQ7. Freezer working OK (top Freezer) fridge part 9bottom) not cold enough. All the defrost system is working correctly, however, I open the freezer back panel and noticed that the evaporator fan is not working (turning) and therefore no cool air is felt coming into the fridge. Both the return air and where the cool air is suppose to come out are cleared (no ice). Do you think it's just a matter of changing the evaporator fan motor? or could it be something else?
Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the delay. The evaporator fan must work together with the compressor. If it does not then check for 120 VAC to the motor while the compressor is "on". If there is proper voltage then replace the evaporator fan motor.

- The evaporator fan motor Part number: AP3845420
Gene  
#556 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 7:54:58 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: calvet Go to Quoted Post
I have the same problem only I've already opened up the inside back freezer panel and defrosted the cooling coils, etc.
It's been unplugged for about 2 hours, can I still do the defrost timer diagnostic if the frig has already been off and defrosted?
Calvet

Calvet,

This reply is probably late but, anyway this test is better to do when the evaporator and the defrost thermostat are cold.

Gene.
Gene  
#557 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:01:14 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: vinh_golf Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
I have side by side Samsung fridge bought 3 years ago, model number RS253BASB. The freezer is fine, but the fridge side is warm. At the beginning, I control the temp. of the freezer side, but not the freezer side. I unplugged the power and plugged it back. Now the temperature panel is flashing for both 2 sides, indicating temperature of 88 and I can not set the temp. either. Moreover, one morning about 1 week ago, I heard a somewhat loud noise from the fan, probably for about 30 minutes. This problem -the freezer side is cold, but the fridge side is warm - has been going on for about 1 month. What is the problem? Is this the defrost heater trouble or the control panel problem?
please help.
Thanks.

Hopefully the attached troubleshooting instructions will help.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for MAYTAG RS253BASB | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
Refrigeration Troubleshooting.doc (645kb) downloaded 30 time(s).
charleswilt  
#558 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:03:06 PM(UTC)
charleswilt

Hi Gene,

No problem...I realize you've got a real job and are posting for free.

On my fridge, the louver is fixed. It can't be open/closed.

Charles
Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hi Charles,

Sorry for the delay. Have you checked the louver (#4 on the diagram)? It must be completely open to provide air return.

Gene.
Gene  
#559 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:21:04 PM(UTC)
Gene

It looks to me like it is a simple bar and air should go through unles it's frozen or blocked somehow else.

Gene.
charleswilt  
#560 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 9:19:03 PM(UTC)
charleswilt

Gene,

Is this directed at me or somebody else?

Thanks!
Charles

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
It looks to me like it is a simple bar and air should go through unles it's frozen or blocked somehow else.

Gene.