Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<5051525354>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dueh @ CHI  
#511 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:13:07 AM(UTC)
Dueh @ CHI

Groups: Registered

The evaporator fan no longer goes on and my freezer is colder than ever but the refrigerator is not that cold. The model # is CTN1911GEW Magic Chef. Please advise. My email address is Patsys15@aol.com
dandk1997  
#512 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:09:00 AM(UTC)
dandk1997

First I'd like to say thanks, this thread has been really helpful. I'm relatively certain my defrost timer is broken, and I've been ignoring it for a few weeks, which was a bad plan, because now my refrigerator is too warm. (First there was a frost buildup in the freezer compartment, accompanied by clicking noises, and now the fridge is not cold.)

I would love to buy a new one and replace it, but I am having a terrible time locating the thing. I've looked at the diagrams Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE MRT18FNED0 | AppliancePartsPros.com for our fridge (Gibson model #
MRT18FNED0) but the parts list references 23A on the diagram, and I can't fins 23A on the actual diagram.

Where exactly should I be looking so I can find and test the timer? I'd appreciate your help so much- I was able to replace the fan/motor a couple years ago and save money using help and parts found here, and I'd love to be able to do this repair- I can't afford a repair person or a new fridge. :(

Thanks so much!
Wendy  
#513 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 2:07:00 PM(UTC)
Wendy

Thank you, Gene. With thermometers in freezer and fridge, after 5 hours, the freezer temp. is 2 degrees and the fridge is 50 degrees. (at least 15 degrees cooler than it was last night)

I installed my new condenser fan blade and motor @ approx. 8:00 pm on Sunday. It has been nasty hot and humid for the past 4 days. Would that or could that attribute to my fridge/freezer taking so long to cool?

My ice maker is working great, still no signs of frost, etc., fans working, compressor must be running but it's very quiet. No clunking or other noises.
I really don't want to junk my fridge just yet. Seems there are tons of problems with newer appliances and I have never had a problem with my fridge since I bought it, with the exception of replacing my fan/condenser motor.

Thanks a lot for your help! It's very much appreciated.
Gene  
#514 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:55:16 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Wendy Go to Quoted Post
...The temperature settings are Freezer on C (middle setting according to my fridge book) and I set my fridge at middle setting, 5...

Wendy,

Set the left control knob between 6 & 7, and the right dial between A & B. Wait about 24 hours and check the temperature. Post the results.

Gene.
Gene  
#515 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:03:16 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: pmatejcek Go to Quoted Post
Gene,

The model number I posted agrees with the dataplate: 363 878 4480. I've just rechecked it again. According to Sears, the available timer is WR9X483. (Manufacturer authorized substitution: WR9X483 may differ in appearance, but is a functional equivalent to prior parts including WR09X0413.)

Paul in East Troy

Paul,

3638784480 is a good model number but it does not match the model number you posted earlier: 3638984480. Anyway, the part number for the defrost timer is correct part number.

- The defrost timer APP Part number: AP2061693
Part number: AP2061693

Gene.
Gene  
#516 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:07:31 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Dueh @ CHI Go to Quoted Post
The evaporator fan no longer goes on and my freezer is colder than ever but the refrigerator is not that cold. The model # is CTN1911GEW Magic Chef. Please advise. My email address is Patsys15@aol.com

Sounds like the evaporator fan motor is the culprit. If you need the correct part number for the motor then post the serial number of the refrigerator.

Gene.
Gene  
#517 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:13:18 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: dandk1997 Go to Quoted Post
First I'd like to say thanks, this thread has been really helpful. I'm relatively certain my defrost timer is broken, and I've been ignoring it for a few weeks, which was a bad plan, because now my refrigerator is too warm. (First there was a frost buildup in the freezer compartment, accompanied by clicking noises, and now the fridge is not cold.)

I would love to buy a new one and replace it, but I am having a terrible time locating the thing. I've looked at the diagrams Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE MRT18FNED0 | AppliancePartsPros.com for our fridge (Gibson model #
MRT18FNED0) but the parts list references 23A on the diagram, and I can't fins 23A on the actual diagram.

Where exactly should I be looking so I can find and test the timer? I'd appreciate your help so much- I was able to replace the fan/motor a couple years ago and save money using help and parts found here, and I'd love to be able to do this repair- I can't afford a repair person or a new fridge. :(

Thanks so much!

Sometime it's very hard to work with Frigidaire diagrams. You should look for the defrost timer inside the control box (#17 on the diagram).

Gene.
Wendy  
#518 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:16:43 PM(UTC)
Wendy

Gene,

My left control knob has letters which is my freezer, and my right control knob is my fridge and has numbers. Should I lower my freezer as far as it goes and my fridge to a warmer #? I'm confused.

Thanks

** Upon thinking about this, I changed my left freezer knob up (a/b) which is on left, and turned my fridge knob which is on the right, to a cooler setting, (between 6/7) After several hours, the freezer is still freezing fine, and my fridge is now below 40. But I will report back this evening.
dandk1997  
#519 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:57:37 PM(UTC)
dandk1997

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Sometime it's very hard to work with Frigidaire diagrams. You should look for the defrost timer inside the control box (#17 on the diagram).

Gene.

Gene, thanks so much for the quick reply- you're the best! When I was pulling up the parts list, it was directing me to that other diagram, which made no sense to me whatsoever.

I'm still a little lost. (I promise I can test and replace it if I can just find it! :o) I totally see what you are referring to in the diagram, but I'm still unclear on how to access it. It looks like it may be between the fridge/freezer compartments (above fridge/below freezer.) Am I even close? My husband is completely not mechanically inclined so I have to figure it out. Finding/fixing the fan was so much easier.

I thought maybe I had to access it by taking off the back panel in the freezer compartment, near the fan, but that doesn't look like what the diagram is trying to tell me. (I sure hope I don't have to take that back one off- I'm not sure how to work around the ice maker.)

Thanks again for your time- I really do appreciate it so much. I'll tear the whole thing apart if I have to, but if you can point me in the right direction without me having to do that, I'd be very grateful.
dandk1997  
#520 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 8:09:46 PM(UTC)
dandk1997

Actually, I just opened the fridge (just got home from work) and looks like it is dead center on top of the fridge compartment. I'll poke around and see if I seem to be in the right place. If not, I'll be back. Thanks!!!!