Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<4849505152>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#491 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 2:27:59 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SCLABRL Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the great site and info you guys give. UserPostedImage I've read all 49 pages and seem to have same problem. I defrosted the unit and replugged it in to see what happens. The compressor and fan both seem to be working fine, so after reading this lengthly thread, would it be safe to assume the adaptive defroster assy is the issue? The dampers appear clear and unobstructed also.

( I've attached some pics-the ice build-up was mostly at the right and top, all indications say the defroster assy?)

Also, one more quick question. Why is the copper colored (dryer I think) piece wrapped in putty and plastic?? is that supposed to be there? thanks for all your help.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Pull the refrigerator out of the wall, remove the back cover and clean the condenser. Make sure the fan motor next to the compressor is running properly.

If there is nothing wrong then possible the sealed (cooling) system is low on Freon or the compressor is not pumping properly. If the refrigerator is less than 5 years old than it could be under the manufacturer warranty. It has to be tested by a certified technician.

Gene.
Chuckwagon  
#492 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 2:47:43 PM(UTC)
Chuckwagon

Groups: Registered

I removed the rear plate yesterday and cleaned the condenser ( Capacitor?). I cleaned the coils last week in the course of housecleaning. Is it possible the defrost timer is stuck in the defrost cycle, due to a bad timer or thermostat? Why are the door seals hot?
Gene  
#493 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 2:59:33 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: lariatsd Go to Quoted Post
Gene,
Have a BR22V1W, Amana Bottom Freezer, that is freezing fine, Warm in the Fridge, but freezes in the vegetable bins. Checked defroster timer, heard sizzling and clicking from unit while not in the freezer(have heard this recently as well) but still freezes in the veggie bins. Had an Amana Top Freezer that had the blocked drain syndrome(no wire into the drain) which caused water build up in insulation, then freezing. Anything like that with this model? I cannot imagine it is a stuck damper, causing the two different problems at the same time. What do you think?:confused:

Answered here: http://forum.appliancepartspros...ridge-but-only-bins.html

Gene.
Gene  
#494 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 3:02:30 PM(UTC)
Gene

Chuck,

If the compressor is running then there is nothing wrong with the defrost timer. Have you checked the fan motor next to the compressor?

Gene.
jackssib1  
#495 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 3:24:07 PM(UTC)
jackssib1

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Jack,

There is no defrost timer in your refrigerator. The defrost cycle operates by the main control board on the back of the refrigerator. For more information go back to page 3 on this thread.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for GE GSS20IEMAWW | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

I will go to work now,,lol
Jack
jackssib1  
#496 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 3:31:28 PM(UTC)
jackssib1

Jack,

There is no defrost timer in your refrigerator. The defrost cycle operates by the main control board on the back of the refrigerator. For more information go back to page 3 on this thread.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for GE GSS20IEMAWW | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

I touched the defrost sensor and I heard a fan come on. Could it be a sensor lose or broken? Or a bad one?
Thanks
Jack:D
Gene  
#497 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 3:43:27 PM(UTC)
Gene

Jack,

What was the original problem with your refrigerator?

Which part did you call "defrost sensor"? Can you refer to the diagrams?

Gene.
Chuckwagon  
#498 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 4:12:01 PM(UTC)
Chuckwagon

Pull the refrigerator out of the wall, remove the back cover and clean the condenser. Make sure the fan motor next to the compressor is running. Wait till next day, check the temperature and post the results.

Gene.

I pulled the cover back off and the fan nest to the compressor was not running. I gave it a nudge and it ran for a few seconds, with much noise, and then quit. Can that be the sole problem?
Gene  
#499 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 4:19:45 PM(UTC)
Gene

Most likely this is the culprit.

- The condenser fan motor Part number: AP3120994
Part number: AP3120994

Gene.
SCLABRL  
#500 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 5:51:57 PM(UTC)
SCLABRL

Gene-

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I forgot to indicate-I pulled the unit away from the wall and cleaned everything in back. Compressor was warm to touch and seemed to be humming. fan was also spinning. After plugging it back in, (now been 6 hours) it's working-freezer cold,making ice and fridge getting cold. So this may just be a temporary fix and it may frost up again?

Could there still be a problem with the closed system? Not that adapative control assy?? Confused a bit...can you advise?

Thanks Gene