Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<4748495051>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jackssib1  
#481 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2009 12:03:13 PM(UTC)
jackssib1

Groups: Registered

I don't see the timer anywhere, lol GE-GSS201EMA WW
Can anyone help??:(
jackssib1  
#482 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2009 3:43:49 PM(UTC)
jackssib1

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
The defrost timer is shown as #257 on the diagram. Before ordering any parts I would recommend to perform the troubleshooting as described on the first page of this thread.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for GE TFX22KRDAWW | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

I can.t find the Defrost timer , GE- gss201ema ww
Can you help,me??:o
Thanks
Jack
jackssib1  
#483 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2009 8:42:11 AM(UTC)
jackssib1

:mad:
Originally Posted by: jackssib1 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks
Jack

I guess no one know where the timer is.
Chuckwagon  
#484 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 3:43:49 AM(UTC)
Chuckwagon

My freezer compartment is fine, but refrigerator compartment stays at 60 degrees. The door seals seem hot. There was no frost on the surface of the back panel. I unplugged and completely thawed the unit. I took off the back panel of the freezer and there was no frost, but I suspected I may have thawed it in the process of cleaning. I plugged it back in and it ran overnight. The evaporator fan was running all night. In the morning I took off the back panel and there was no frost, and the refrigerator was 60 degrees, but the freezer compartment was cold -- food was frozen hard. I looked down the tube from the evaporator fan to the refrigerator and the baffle was closed. It does not appear to be a defrost problem, unless the defrost is running constantly. What do you think?
lariatsd  
#485 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 6:06:30 AM(UTC)
lariatsd

Gene,
Have a BR22V1W, Amana Bottom Freezer, that is freezing fine, Warm in the Fridge, but freezes in the vegetable bins. Checked defroster timer, heard sizzling and clicking from unit while not in the freezer(have heard this recently as well) but still freezes in the veggie bins. Had an Amana Top Freezer that had the blocked drain syndrome(no wire into the drain) which caused water build up in insulation, then freezing. Anything like that with this model? I cannot imagine it is a stuck damper, causing the two different problems at the same time. What do you think?:confused:
Chuckwagon  
#486 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 6:32:59 AM(UTC)
Chuckwagon

My refrigerator is a Kenmore ELite top freezer model No. 10670204990.
SCLABRL  
#487 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 12:24:01 PM(UTC)
SCLABRL

Thanks for the great site and info you guys give. UserPostedImage I've read all 49 pages and seem to have same problem. I defrosted the unit and replugged it in to see what happens. The compressor and fan both seem to be working fine, so after reading this lengthly thread, would it be safe to assume the adaptive defroster assy is the issue? The dampers appear clear and unobstructed also.

( I've attached some pics-the ice build-up was mostly at the right and top, all indications say the defroster assy?)

Also, one more quick question. Why is the copper colored (dryer I think) piece wrapped in putty and plastic?? is that supposed to be there? thanks for all your help.

Scott
SCLABRL  
#488 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 12:28:01 PM(UTC)
SCLABRL

Sorry-forgot the pics....here they are.

Scott
SCLABRL attached the following image(s):
IMG_5256.jpg
IMG_5260.jpg
Gene  
#489 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 2:12:41 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jackssib1 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks
Jack

Jack,

There is no defrost timer in your refrigerator. The defrost cycle operates by the main control board on the back of the refrigerator. For more information go back to page 3 on this thread.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for GE GSS20IEMAWW | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Gene  
#490 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 2:18:42 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Chuckwagon Go to Quoted Post
My freezer compartment is fine, but refrigerator compartment stays at 60 degrees. The door seals seem hot. There was no frost on the surface of the back panel. I unplugged and completely thawed the unit. I took off the back panel of the freezer and there was no frost, but I suspected I may have thawed it in the process of cleaning. I plugged it back in and it ran overnight. The evaporator fan was running all night. In the morning I took off the back panel and there was no frost, and the refrigerator was 60 degrees, but the freezer compartment was cold -- food was frozen hard. I looked down the tube from the evaporator fan to the refrigerator and the baffle was closed. It does not appear to be a defrost problem, unless the defrost is running constantly. What do you think?

Pull the refrigerator out of the wall, remove the back cover and clean the condenser. Make sure the fan motor next to the compressor is running. Wait till next day, check the temperature and post the results.

Gene.