Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tyl604  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2009 6:11:10 PM(UTC)
tyl604

Groups: Registered

Symptoms -1) plunger stops unless I hold the on/off switch, 2) refuses to solid pack most of the time, and 3) power does not stop most of the time when it reaches the top.

Unless I continue to hold the on/off switch the plunger will immediately stop; if I hold the switch it works fine but as soon as I let off the plunger stops. I replaced the on/off switch but that did not help. I am wondering if I need to replace the solid pack switch too because most of the time it just refuses to solid pack. Do these two switches work off one another?

I just replaced the inside flap switch which is supposed to stop the compactor when it reaches the top. It was working OK but now seems to have stopped working; ie the compactor continues to run when it returns to the top. I can see it flipping the flap which pushes the switch button which should make it go off - this doggone switch is only a few months old; it worked perfectly and turned off the compactor at first but has stopped working again. (In fact I think I bought it from you guys.)

Appreciate your suggestions.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

tyl604  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 5:06:25 AM(UTC)
tyl604

Gene - any idea?
Gene  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 2:35:25 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Here is the Tech sheet.

Quote:
...plunger stops unless I hold the on/off switch...

Check the motor start windings.

Quote:
...refuses to solid pack most of the time...

Check the solid pack switch.

Quote:
...power does not stop most of the time when it reaches the top...

The "on-off-start" switch should return to the "on" position from the "start" position as soon as you not hold it. If it does not do it then the switch is bad.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KUCC151BWH0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
tyl604  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 7:08:09 PM(UTC)
tyl604

Gene - I will check the windings and the solid pack switch. Thanks for that.

The on/off switch is new; just installed it and it works exactly like the switch that I removed. In order for it to compact you must hold the switch; if you release it the power goes off, the plunger stops, and the next time you turn the switch you find that the motor direction has reversed. So I am not quite sure what to do. PS - top limit directional switch is new too.
Gene  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:07:58 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.