Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<178179180181182>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
henryjiang18  
#1791 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 9:59:45 AM(UTC)
henryjiang18

Groups: Registered

Gene:

Thanks a lot for quick response. I am sure the air return window on the left side in refrigerator is not blocked, I cheched it before I post the last message. I also removed the rear panel in freezer and did not see frost, I am not sure what is evaporator coils, does it look like a grill in the lower back of freezer? I removed the panelt cover over it and it does show some frost, but I do not consider it a frost, I can still see a clear structure of the grill, and wide opening between grids since frost is not filled up.

I am intrigued about why cold air can flow very strongly amd freely into refrigerator if I open the freezer door just by a small crack, but once the freezer door is completely closed, cold air will stop flowing into refrigerator.

Thanks
Henry
Gene  
#1792 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 2:30:28 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Henry,

Does the fan inside the freezer work? It should stay on as long as the compressor stays on.

Gene.
henryjiang18  
#1793 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 3:28:39 PM(UTC)
henryjiang18

Gene: I think it does since cold air is flowing up in the freezer. And How do I check?

Thanks a lot
Henry
Gene  
#1794 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 3:37:23 PM(UTC)
Gene

Henry,

Make sure the compressor and the fan next to it are running. Open the freezer door and listen. You should hear it running.

Gene.
henryjiang18  
#1795 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 3:45:43 AM(UTC)
henryjiang18

Gene:

I unplugged the refrigerator for 24 hours to defrost, after that, it worked again. Obviously the problem is in the de-frosting system, that is not working properly, and frost keeps accumulating over time to clog. I tried some mitigation about one month ago, that as : remove vertical panel from the freezer side, and clear the ice accumulation in a plastic part on the freezer side that looks like a bowl, it worked for a while, and then this mitigation stopped working also. Now I need to get the de-frosting system fixed. But first need to disnose the problem. Any suggesitons?

Thanks
Henry
Gene  
#1796 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 1:45:10 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Henry,

If the problem still exists, remove the rear panel inside the freezer and check how the evaporator coils are covered with frost. Describe it as detailed as possible. If you can post a picture it will be even better.

If at this time everything is working fine, do not do it and wait until the problem returns.

Gene.
henryjiang18  
#1797 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 12:41:03 PM(UTC)
henryjiang18

Gene:

Thanks. I am sure the problem will come back in a few months. For the last 2-3 years, I have been doing this "unplug for 24 hours" every few months. Will keep you posted.

best Regards
Henry
PL28  
#1798 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 9:10:31 AM(UTC)
PL28

Few days ago, our house (actually our entire street) experienced a power surge and couple of my appliance went out, the fridge and dishwasher. Since getting the fridge up and running is more important. I been looking at these forums for advice and so far you guys had been very helpful.

So on with the fridge, The model number is KBFS20EVMS5 and when I start to take a look at it, the first thing I notice was the main control assembly (W10317076) had a burn mark. So I order the part and replaced it. With that part replaced, I heard the compressor running and the freezer was getting cold but unfortunately the fridge remains at about room temperature. I did not hear any fan at the fridge part running but notice the freezer has cold air blowing.

After reading these forums, I’m thinking it might be the damper control and was wondering if anyone can offer any suggestions if I’m on the right path and any suggestion to test the part before I order it.

Thanks in advance
Gene  
#1799 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 3:14:07 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hello,

Run the refrigerator in service test mode as instructed in the attached tech sheet to check all components and post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for KitchenAid KBFS20EVMS5 Refrigerator - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
Tech Sheet - W10308614 - KBFS20EVMS5.pdf (649kb) downloaded 11 time(s).
PL28  
#1800 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 7:09:31 PM(UTC)
PL28

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

Run the refrigerator in service test mode as instructed in the attached tech sheet to check all components and post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for KitchenAid KBFS20EVMS5 Refrigerator - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Hi Gene, thanks for the Tech sheet, this makes it it a bit easier to toubleshoot.

Here is what I found:
Test 101 Defrost Heater: didn't hear any sound
Test 112 Freezer Fan: didn't hear the fan run
Test 131 Mullion Heater: didn't hear a sound
Rest of the test seem to be fine.

As for Defrost heater and mullion heater, I guess you would probably not hear much. But the freezer fan, I would expect to make some noise. right?

Also is the freeezer fan same as the evaporator fan? If so, what is the best to get to the fan? I try from the front via the freezer but theres quite number parts to be removed. I was wondering if you can offer any suggestions.

Thanks for all your help again