Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<154155156157158>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NascarFan24  
#1551 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2012 3:40:31 PM(UTC)
NascarFan24

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post

Did you check the evaporator coils for any frost build up?
Not sure where they are. The only coils I found are the ones on top
where the motor is. This is the area I cleaned real good and got all the
dust off.

What is the complete model of the refrigerator?

KSS48QMB01

It does 3 beeps and a long sound, then goes quiet, and starts again in a few minutes.

Freezer is fine, Frig area is slightly cool. When I open both doors, lights are on. But on the Frig side the blue lights that tell temp, etc blink on and then go off.

I also have a water line that doesn't work for the ice maker. Found water on the floor and turned the water off at the source. Not that important to have with my limited budget right now. I am somewhat mechanical. Built my own PC years ago.

Thanks in advance for your help. I do have a son who could help if it needed to be move aways from the way, but being the 48" model I'm not sure if one could do by themselves ?
NascarFan24  
#1552 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2012 3:50:18 PM(UTC)
NascarFan24

Did you check the evaporator coils for any frost build up?
Not sure where they are. The only coils I found are the ones on top
where the motor is. This is the area I cleaned real good and got all the
dust off.

What is the complete model of the refrigerator?

KSS48QMB01

It does 3 beeps and a long sound, then goes quiet, and starts again in a few minutes.

Freezer is fine, Frig area is slightly cool. When I open both doors, lights are on. But on the Frig side the blue lights that tell temp, etc blink on and then go off.

I also have a water line that doesn't work for the ice maker. Found water on the floor and turned the water off at the source. Not that important to have with my limited budget right now. I am somewhat mechanical. Built my own PC years ago.

Thanks in advance for your help. I do have a son who could help if it needed to be move aways from the way, but being the 48" model I'm not sure if one could do by themselves ?

P.S....I just came across my problem, different brand, but I went to check for the air blower from the freezer to the frig. In mine it's a plastic box with foam inside. The walls of the frig are very cold but there is not air flow coming from the freezer side to the frig side ?
Gene  
#1553 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2012 3:55:11 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
There is one letter (between "S" and "4") missing in the model number. Verify and repost it please.

Gene.
NascarFan24  
#1554 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2012 4:25:22 PM(UTC)
NascarFan24

There is one letter (between "S" and "4") missing in the model number. Verify and repost it please.

Gene.

This is the number Kitchenaid gave me when I called them first and they referred me to this site. There were dashes I left out.
This is what she told me was the model number from my account info that they still had in their files. I also used this model number to try to pull up the drawing off the site

K-SSS-48QMB01
NascarFan24  
#1555 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2012 4:27:25 PM(UTC)
NascarFan24

:confused:
Originally Posted by: NascarFan-24 Go to Quoted Post
This is the number Kitchenaid gave me when I called them first and they referred me to this site. There were dashes I left out.
This is what she told me was the model number from my account info that they still had in their files. I also used this model number to try to pull up the drawing off the site

K-SSS-48QMB01
Gene  
#1556 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2012 5:38:33 PM(UTC)
Gene

Well, you did skip one "S" in your previous post and, I don't understand, what is the reason to duplicate your posts? It does not make any good for you and other people.

Run the refrigerator in the Service diagnostics mode as described in the attached tech sheet and post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Whirlpool KSSS48QMB01 48" BUILT IN REFRIGERATOR | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
Wiring Sheet - 2306332 - KSSS48QMB01.pdf (1,100kb) downloaded 19 time(s).
NascarFan24  
#1557 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2012 7:01:53 PM(UTC)
NascarFan24

Well, you did skip one "S" in your previous post and, I don't understand, what is the reason to duplicate your posts? It does not make any good for you and other people.

Run the refrigerator in the Service diagnostics mode as described in the attached tech sheet and post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Whirlpool KSSS48QMB01 48" BUILT IN REFRIGERATOR | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Sorry about the duplicates but the directions aren't very clear. It kept telling me to send. I couldn't tell if it was sending or not when they keep saying submit reply after you've just sumitted it.

I can't read the "fine" print on how to "Run the refrigerator in Diagnostic Mode". I tried to convert it to word so I could enlarge the font, didn't work. I'll just call Kitchenaid in the morning and see if they have the instructions in a larger font.

Appreciate you patience.

Here I go, "submit reply" will see if you end up with 1 or 2 replies.
Gene  
#1558 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2012 1:40:50 PM(UTC)
Gene

Thank you. Now it was just one post.

Which version of Acrobat reader do you use? If it's more or less new then you can easy zoom in all document or any part of it.

The tech sheet, which should come with the refrigerator, can be behind the upper or bottom grille.

Gene.
NascarFan24  
#1559 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2012 5:28:04 PM(UTC)
NascarFan24

Thank you. Now it was just one post.

Which version of Acrobat reader do you use? If it's more or less new then you can easy zoom in all document or any part of it. ADOBE READER 10.1.3 - APR, 2012 DOWNLOADED

The tech sheet, which should come with the refrigerator, can be behind the upper or bottom grille.

Gene.

When you say Tech sheet, is it the same as on the website ? I can't find the how to Run it in Diagnostic Mode ? instructions.

The wall of the freezer is very cold, the refrigerator is slightly cold. The air vents on both freezer and frig are not blocked, but there is no feeling of cold air coming into the frig. I did turn off the unit by throwing the switch on the panel for about 15 minutes and then turned it back on. Was told that it should re-set itself. Didn't happen. This unit is only 8 years old. I had a Sub Zero before this that lasted 20 years will no repairs. In that it's a 48" built ing I would think everything is on top or underneath. I can't imagine there would be coils on the back as it fit right against the wall in the back.
It took 3 men to get it in the house when delivered. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for all your help.
NascarFan24  
#1560 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2012 5:49:40 PM(UTC)
NascarFan24

Originally Posted by: NascarFan-24 Go to Quoted Post
When you say Tech sheet, is it the same as on the website ? I can't find the how to Run it in Diagnostic Mode ? instructions.

Additional information to the previous reply.......

The wall of the freezer is very cold, the refrigerator is slightly cold. The air vents on both freezer and frig are not blocked, but there is no feeling of cold air coming into the frig. I did turn off the unit by throwing the switch on the panel for about 15 minutes and then turned it back on. Was told that it should re-set itself. Didn't happen. This unit is only 8 years old. I had a Sub Zero before this that lasted 20 years will no repairs. In that it's a 48" built ing I would think everything is on top or underneath. I can't imagine there would be coils on the back as it fit right against the wall in the back.
It took 3 men to get it in the house when delivered. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Was just in kitchen trying to figure out where stuff might be.....Freezer walls are icy and defrosting. Frig still slightly cool. What about the high piched tone? It's 3 beep and 1 long. Does that mean anything ?