Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<133134135136137>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Methodical  
#1341 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 11:25:34 AM(UTC)
Methodical

Groups: Registered

Alright Gene or anyone that can provide some insight.

I replaced the Defrost Control Board in the Kenmore Unit (596.52673200) on 7/25 and at about the 2-3 week period it stop defrosting - again. I first noticed the problem just before we went on vacation - no time to deal with it at that time. When I got back from vacation on 8/20, the freezer was pretty much hot.

I defrosted the unit and retested the heater element and thermometer and both tested ok; same reading as before. This leads me back to the Defroster Control Board as being the culprit again.

1. Do these units (defrost control board) usually have a warranty? I will check with the company, but just asking as the receipt states that electrical units are not returnable, but only states that it will honor whatever warranty provided by the manufacturer. I don't know the manufacturer, but I purchase from Tribles.

2. Is there a way to test the Defrost Control Board? If so, how?

3. Could there be some other underlying issues that I may need to check into?

Thanks...Al
pccbradley  
#1342 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:07:00 AM(UTC)
pccbradley

Hello, I have a FRS22ZGH side by side frigidair fridge, there is no cold coming to the fridge at all, I have tried all i can think of except calling in a service guy, also manual says it should make about enough ice to fill the chamber in 2 days, i am lucky if once a day I can get enough ice to keep my cup of water cold. Do you have any ideas as to what I can do about the warm fridge and the icemaker not working well.
Thanks
Sandi
Gene  
#1343 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 3:12:21 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Methodical Go to Quoted Post
...1. Do these units (defrost control board) usually have a warranty? I will check with the company, but just asking as the receipt states that electrical units are not returnable, but only states that it will honor whatever warranty provided by the manufacturer. I don't know the manufacturer, but I purchase from Tribles.

2. Is there a way to test the Defrost Control Board? If so, how?

3. Could there be some other underlying issues that I may need to check into?...

Al,

Any part should be guarantied. While the warranty provided by most suppliers is 90 days, Appliance Parts Pros guarantied all parts for a year. More of that, they accept returns on any parts, even if it was installed.

I don't know any simple way to test this part.

Visually inspect the defrost thermostat and replace it if any suspicion. I would replace it in any way, just to make repair more reliable.

- The defrost thermostat Part number: AP4247331
Part number: AP4247331

Gene.
Gene  
#1344 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 3:15:31 PM(UTC)
Gene

Sandi,

What is the exact measured temperature in both compartments?

The model number you posted is incomplete. Verify and repost it please.

Gene.
MJLogan  
#1345 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 12:27:54 PM(UTC)
MJLogan

Hi,

This fridge has worked great for a long time, hate to buy a new one if I can fix it with a few parts.

Well, by everything I see, there's a problem with defrosting. After reading the initial post for this thread, I looked and found some frost on the back panel of the fridge. So I pulled the ice maker out, removed three screws and after some wrestling, got the back panel out.

There appear to be two coils, and the bottom one is completely encased in ice. There is no ice at all on the top coil, but the lower coil and far right side of the space are fully encased in ice.

So. I found the diagram and even with that, I'm having a little trouble locating the defrost timer.

The fridge is a GE TBX18AJBR

Update: I have found the timer underneath the refrigerator. I turned it clockwise as suggested and something clicked, then the fan went off. I waited 25 minutes, but nothing happened. No sizzling, but the fridge did not come on again either. I think the temp rose 3 degrees in fridge compartment during this time. I turned the timer one notch and the fan and compressor clicked on again. I'll have to empty the freezer again to see if any ice melted.

Hoping someone sees this and can tell me what's going on.

Thanks
bbc3  
#1346 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2011 4:07:35 AM(UTC)
bbc3

Hello again.

This is my first involvement with this type fridge issue. I have the same as it does not seem to be cooling well, but the freezer seems fine....

Thanks all again for all the help. Joe & Gene have helped me greatly in the past. I have read much of this thread So I guess it convolutes in my head after a while. So I am backing up to start with first and analyze - but I am wondering....

The situation may be a matter of thermostat/controls. I have not even put a thermometer to it yet, but the freezer appears arctic when I open the door. The fridge is just not gettting there. I did open up the bottom are and blow the dog hair, dust out of the coils etc... I noticed a tiny bit of water in a pan I think. Seemed to help A LITTLE...

But I really first suspected the primary problem was the ADJUSTMENT PERIOD when you say add new warm items to the fridge. I have found that they can get pretty cold after a few days. But the again, I have it set up almost highest setting on fridge and this used to freeze liquids in the fridge, so prob not...

Hell I dont know. Whilpool/kennmore fridge sidee by side. 25.4cf. 10 years old. Thermostate and to freezer vent appearing in the upper left corner of the fridge.. Sorry, I'll have the model next time I check in... I'll go back and start with the first post again..:) Thanks in advance.

OK, read a tiny bit more and have a question. Where is the air vent in the freezer? Is it up top or down low. I do note that my freezer has been packed like never before and think this may coincide...
coppergoat  
#1347 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2011 5:02:52 AM(UTC)
coppergoat

I have a Frigidaire frs26kf6ebb and have narrowed down the issue to the damper. The damper closes and then will not re open. I disconnected it and left it open and the cold food side is chilled (although a bit too cold now). My question is: will replacing the damper fix the issue or is there a sensor not working? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Methodical  
#1348 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 4:37:32 PM(UTC)
Methodical

Thanks Gene. I got a replacement part. I checked the thermostat and heater element and they both tested the same as before. I thought about changing the thermostat, but they did not have any in stock at the time.

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Al,

Any part should be guarantied. While the warranty provided by most suppliers is 90 days, Appliance Parts Pros guarantied all parts for a year. More of that, they accept returns on any parts, even if it was installed.

I don't know any simple way to test this part.

Visually inspect the defrost thermostat and replace it if any suspicion. I would replace it in any way, just to make repair more reliable.

- The defrost thermostat Part number: AP4247331
Part number: AP4247331

Gene.
Gene  
#1349 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:13:20 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Methodical Go to Quoted Post
...I thought about changing the thermostat, but they did not have any in stock at the time...

You are welcome Al.

Who are "they"? APP has it in stock.

Gene.
Methodical  
#1350 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:15:18 AM(UTC)
Methodical

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
You are welcome Al.

Who are "they"? APP has it in stock.

Gene.

A local supply house - Tribles. I may just order one from APP. If the current part goes south, I will order the next one from APP as I like the warranty.